Five men were found guilty of murdering Giovanny Rendon Bedoya after he was chased and stabbed in a ‘brutal attack’ on the streets of Walworth last April.
The Old Bailey heard the 21-year-old was stabbed amid rising tensions between two groups in the area.
Giovanny was on found with stab wounds behind a block of flats on Hillingdon Street between Walworth and Kennington on April 14 2025 and the police said he had been ‘chased through an alleyway before being cornered and attacked’.
Five men, aged between 19 and 22, appeared at the old Bailey on Tuesday 14 April 2026 and were found guilty of murder after an 11 week trial.

The men convicted were:
- Joseph Jimenez, 22, of no fixed address
- Angel Gonzalez Angulo, 19, from Camberwell
- Bryan Villada Hernandez, 20, from Walworth
- Zozoro Mohamed Olivier Boizo, 21, from Walworth
- Christian Batista Gonzalez, 22, from Leyton





At around 9:15pm on Monday 12 April last year police were called to reports of groups fighting with knives near Hillingdon Street and Langdale Close, SE17.
Despite the efforts of emergency services, Giovanny was tragically pronounced dead at just under one hour later at 10:07pm.
A post-mortem examination later confirmed the cause of death as multiple sharp-force injuries.
Bryan Villada Hernandez, aged 20, was arrested at the scene and forensic examination of his clothing found Giovanny’s blood on his tracksuit and damage consistent with contact from a knife.
Messages recovered from Hernandez’s phone also showed discussions about destroying evidence and concerns about police activity.
Met detectives also found that a residential address on Langdale Close was being used as a squat after reviewing over 1,500 hours of CCTV.
Angel Gonzalez Angulo and Zozoro Mohamed Olivier Boizo fled the address after the attack and travelled by taxi to a friend’s home.
CCTV captured Angulo changing clothing and carrying a bin bag, which prosecutors said was the ‘disposal of blood-stained items and weapons’.
Christian Batista Gonzalez fled the UK and was arrested near Barcelona on 19 May 2025 before being extradited back.
Joseph Jimenez was arrested in Chichester after fleeing London.
Detective Chief Inspector Kate Blackburn, who led the investigation, said: “This was a sustained and extremely violent attack, carried out by a group acting together.
“Giovanny was chased and killed in brutal circumstances, and today’s convictions reflect the strength of the evidence and the determination of the investigation team.
“Our thoughts remain with Giovanny’s family and loved ones, who have shown immense dignity throughout these proceedings.
All five men will be sentenced at the Old Bailey on Wednesday 20 May.





















